For now, I have the last new Essie collection. This time it’s a six-piece new Expressie collection. Usually, around this time Essie drops a nine-piece Expressie collection, but I guess they scaled it down this year. The collection is going to be called ‘Word on the street’. There is not a lot of information about this collection yet, but I was able to find the following quote by Essie:
‘discover new, edgy shades in an unexpected mix. created for people with fast-paced lifestyles, the expressie word on the street collection features 6 quick dry vegan nail polishes inspired by those who want to send a message and use the world as a canvas, go ahead, color outside the lines.’
The colors are going to be called:
- Spray it to say it (a midtoned berry red quick dry vegan nail polish with yellow undertones and a cream finish)
- Word on the street (a bright sky blue vegan quick dry nail polish with cream finish)
- Unapologetic Icon ( a crisp, canvas one-coat white quick dry vegan nail polish with a cream finish)
- Outside the lines ( a deep yellow quick dry vegan nail polish with strong orange undertones and a cream finish)
- World as a canvas ( a soft grey quick dry vegan nail polish with violet undertones and a cream finish)
- Send a message (a classic, fiery red quick dry vegan nail polish with black undertones and a cream finish)
I’m actually pretty excited about this collection. The last Essie’s collections were pretty dark and brown, and this one finally seems to have some good bright colors. Of course, we have to wait for swatches to see how these shades look on the nail, but I have a good feeling about it.
The collection is available for pre-order on Amazon US. The release date listed on Amazon is the 15th of November.